Store Link

Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Monday, March 23, 2020

Self quarantined March 23

This past week, my family and I have taken advantage of the glorious Oregon sunshine and completed our fence on the front side of our property.

But, as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end....and the Orgeon sunshine has turned to the Oregon rain.  And it looks like it will be with us for a few days.  This being the case, I have saved some indoor projects/activities up for this occasion.


  • Rearrange our office.
  • Clean up the garage
  • Watch some Netflix - Yes, I have deliberately stayed away from the television because I wanted to work outside in the sunshine.
  • Read - I have been reading, but only an hour or so...Now it is time to go full tilt!
  • Visit some of the virtual tour sites of museums on line.

Also. it is expected that Governor Brown will issue a "Stay at home" order.  Not a big deal for us, as we've been doing this.  Only going out for food, and to go out with my son to get his check from McDonald's.

I have to tell you it was strange to walk into McDonald's and seeing the lobby roped off with signs stating it was off-limits.  There was only a skeleton crew working, but they were busy.  Not sure why people still would want to eat out?  All it takes is one sick work to spread the virus to hundreds.

Finally, the family seems to be holding up fine.  Myles, our son, has taken to baking cakes.  He has already made two cakes.  Not sure why, but I don't care.  He seems to enjoy it, and cooking is a positive outlet.  But then just sitting away and doing nothing.  Sherie is staying busy too.  She has her online class keeping her busy,  And she has worked outside with me side by side.  We are fortunate to own property.  If we get cabin fever, our nearly five acres is like our own private park. We have ducks, the wild birds, and our chickens to visit.  I feel for those people who live in a large city with only an apartment with nowhere to go...stuck inside.

In short, I feel very fortunate.  We have food, no issues with finances, a place to wander outside, and everybody is healthy (I just knock on my wooden table after I typed this).

I just know that in a few weeks, this will all be over, and we can return to our normal routines.


No comments:

Post a Comment