Store Link

Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Martin Luther King Resources and COOL Video....

Oh, how I love Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

In our school district we have school.  For many years I was frustrated by this fact.  I, and my students must go to school, when I should be free from work to celebrate this wonderful day. A day of reflection, a day participating in local marches, and a day when I could be with my family.

But then, after some reflection I have had a change of heart.  After all, this day is a day of ACTION.  A day to share with vision of Dr. King.  So, what better place to share it than with my students! So we have activities dealing around Dr. King's message of love, tolerance, and acceptance.
So, at my school, I am in charge of the Dr. King celebration.

This being the case, let me share a wonderful video I and my students made and we showed during our Dr. King celebration.    This video was a powerful message about Dr. King's message of love and nonviolence.  The students enjoyed making and it engaged them in the message! Please feel free to use this video if you like. :)

This year we will make another video....stay tune for the new video in the next few days! The message will be a little different than this video....I can't wait to share.

Also, if you are looking for some classroom activities for Martin Luther King Day, please feel free to use any of these.
High School Common Core-Text Dependent Questions for MLK's         




SPOT THE IMPOSTURE: Dr. Martin Luther King





Click here for Spot the Imposture
Click here for MLK Text Dependent Questions activity             

No comments:

Post a Comment