Store Link

Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Saturday, December 5, 2015

differentiation instruction - as easy as 1-2-3!

So, I've received an email from a teacher that use my movie guides and they asked me to create some easy differentiation lessons for some of her students that struggle with multi-tasking or might struggle with keeping up with other students while using the movie guides.

I thought, "Hey, that's a great idea!"  But, then I thought there was nothing to create.  After all they already have everything with my movie guides.

So, every movie guide I create include the times when the questions or concept occurs in the movie/video.  But, this information is only located on the KEY.  This being the case, here is the first easy solution for differentiation for those students who struggle.

#1 - Simply write in the time next to the question appears in the video. 
From the Liberty's Kids Episode 16 Video Guide
#2  Easy solution- Write in the first letter of each answer in the blank of the statement.
From the Liberty's Kids Episode 18 Video Guide.


Here you can see how I include each letter for the each part of the answer.  For number three, the answer is General Washington.  So, I have written the letter G and W.

#3 Easy solution - If you look closely, you can see there are a few short answer questions on these video guides.  Short answer questions are important to keep the students engaged with the video. It moves them into thinking mode, from the "search and destroy" mode for answers.  When I have these, I make sure I stop the video so all the students will understand those important concepts.  But for those students who struggle to keep up, why not just hold a "one-on-one" with them.  A "one-on-one" is when you check for understanding and debrief the video with them.  Then, at this time, this is an excellent time review those short answer questions with them.

Thank you for your interest in my blog.  Please take a minute to check out the Social Studies Super Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Social-Studies-Super-Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment