Store Link

Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Friday, April 19, 2019

A FREE and POWERFUL Presidential Resource!

As a history teacher, it seems I am continually struggling to find reliable and free resources online.  I emphasize the second part - FREE.

In my classroom, we are one-to-one with Google Chromebooks, and I have tossed the textbook.  So all my resources are online.

So, this being the case, I also on the prowl for reliable and free resources. 

I have found the motherlode for US History teachers, and I want to share it with you!

The Voice of America website has short podcasts and videos for each president.  The podcasts also include written text, so students can listen and read along.  I found this to be very useful for those students who struggle with listening to a podcast.  The text helps those students stay engaged!  Each podcast last from 12 to 15 minutes each.  So not too long to lose their attention, but long enough to cover the content.  The videos are super short, no more than one minute long and are fast-paced and engaging.  A fun way to introduce an American president.

Here is a link to President Kennedy's podcast from Voice of America.













Secondly, the Voice of America is a reliable source in content and in their website.   The link to the landing page for all the American Presidents can be found here.

I hope this resource will help you and your students!

No comments:

Post a Comment